Sunday, August 21, 2011

Russellville, You Have A Problem!


As I left work this morning, I traveled north on Hwy. 43. Between Lawrence Street and the edge of the business district of Russellville I saw two dead dogs...dogs that weren't there Saturday morning. The smaller one appeared to be a terrier with a red collar; I was unable to tell if the larger dog wore one. Nevertheless, someone loved at least one of the dogs...and now this former family member is dead.

Did you not love it enough to keep in your back yard? Did you just forget to close the gate? Or are you like the current Russellville mayor Troy Oliver and think no leash law is needed or wanted in your fair city?

Citizens of Russellville, I don't like to drive home with tears in my eyes because you let an innocent animal die in pain on a hot asphalt highway. Wake up! I can't vote in your town even though I often work there. You're the ones who can make a difference. Call your council member--go to the next meeting--demand a leash law.

If you treat your animals this way, I have very few hopes that you treat your human children any better...

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Let's hope the Russellville City Council is listening.

    ReplyDelete